HomeMATCH aims to transform vacant housing in the Cape Breton Regional Municipality back into decent affordable housing that serves the local community.
- identify suitable vacant properties,
- link the identified properties with agencies serving people at risk of homelessness,
- establish a "receptacle" to advertise and accept donations of properties and of funds,
- facilitate a Memorandum of Understanding between agencies and governments to sustain and expand the work of HomeMatch,
- help agencies develop business and sustainability plans for specific properties,
- help secure the long term financial viability of projects assisting people at risk of homelessness,
- ensure that all building codes are adhered to in all renovations,
- track the outcomes for households benefitting from new accommodation,
- track start-to-finish conversion times for properties.